I read the book Eat, Pray, Love over the summer (last summer) and tried to like it... but I really couldn't. I liked parts but the whole thing dragged on at a tremendously snail-like rate. But when I saw the previews for the movie I wanted to read the book so I could see the movie and I finally watched the movie the other night. So much better than the book. One of the those crazy instances where you could bypass the book all together, at least in my opinion.
Now I am having the feeling that I already posted this trailer in a previous post.... oh well. I guess that proves how much I was looking forward to it. Also I love the song The Dog Days Are Over by Florence and The Machines. My new favorite song replacing Yellow by Coldplay.
I worked the fish fry last night and since it is no longer season down here, many people have fled the 100 degree weather in search for cooler climates. This is good and bad for me because now the traffic is less filled with 90 year-old blue hairs with a constant left blinker on, but bad because we only had 4 reservations for last night... four.
I was the only server so I was taking everybody and it was totally manageable. Until...... This table of four sits down and instantly whips out a $25 coupon that slipped through the system on some restaurant website. I think I am the only person who get these but yet I do not know how to put them in the system so I had the golf shop pro come help me. They were a very nice table to serve and I was having a good time with them. The pro didn't realize that the coupon said to include %18 gratuity off the entire bill before adding the coupon.... and so he neglected to do that. Then the people wanted to split the remainder of the bill which turned out to be like $13 each... and tipped me off of that! That would have been fine but they asked if I had included the gratuity and I said no (and wasn't going to since the process took about 10 minutes and we would have had to go back and do the whole thing over again).
So It was half my fault but they said, and I quote, "That's okay, we'll give you better than that anyway".... oh you will, will you?
Whatever. My mistake. The assistant manager was livid, along with everyone else, but there was no way I was going to try to fix everything. So when they left and were telling me how great it all was I just said "See ya."
Live and Learn. Boom. Posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment