I went to the driving range this morning to get some practice in ( especially considering I completely forgot I was even trying to learn golf...) and I was hitting the 7 iron pretty dang good. Brian, the pro and my trainer, usually yells out "Yahtzee!" when I hit a good one. Anyway there I was all alone on the range and Brian came later to help me out a little bit. As he was leaving one of the bag boys was setting up to play some holes and I asked if I could join him since, let's face it, I had nothing better to do.
I knew I was going to be a little shaky at first, and I totally was, but I finally got the hang of it around hole four and I actually got a bogey! (That is when you get 1 above par.... if you don't know what a par is... I can't help you... wikipedia it or something.) Other than that it was all double eagles (that is 3 below par... and... who am I joking... I got none of those.) Also I only hit one ball into the pond.
All in all is was a great first time on the course considering how much complaining and club throwing I did... nah... I only did that once. We played 9 holes and I got a little golf suntan... legit. Even thought I played a little rough, I don't think I need to remind you of where my place was not 9 months ago... okay I will anyway:
Yeah, I'll eat crow... I NO LONGER HATE GOLF!
Boom. Humbled.... posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment