I had to work from noon to 5pm today and I walk in the door to see my roommate and her dog just hanging out on the couch, exhausted from clearly a shopping trip since there are products and bags everywhere. The products are mainly bulk items so I deduce that Costco was where she had gone but then I noticed a Target bag. Thinking about the $30 gift card she has promised me that she received from the dentist I asked "Hey, what did you get from Target?" To which she replies, 'Oh, just some hand lotion.... and a Kindle."
How unbelievably nonchalant. It was hilarious. "Oh you know just the usual stuff I always pick up, this is like my seventh Kindle.." That's what it sounded like to me.
Work was a bit rough but the tips made up for it. Tomorrow I will be a walking zombie because I have to be in at 8AM. 8! Blah.
I served a group of Canadian men today who were from Quebec and spoke French (obviously). So I entertained them with the few phrases I could remember, 'c'est chouette' being my favorite. It translates sort of like 'that's cool or awesome' and it isn't very popular anymore so when I say it they think its funny. (I was voted class clown on numerous occasions.) Any way they loved me and were very nice, but who doesn't and who isn't in my presence? Amiright?
Some big news has occurred but everyone keeps confusing 'Osama' with 'Obama'... its going to be a problem eventually. Maybe one of them ought to be hunted down by the most powerful military in the entire world and shot to death in his own house... too soon?
Boom. Posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment