5.07.2011

Meat Market Hookup.

My little brother turned 20 yesterday and came home for the night before. My roommate wanted to get him a new phone but my family has Sprint and my parents do not necessarily want to renew our contracts because the reception where they live isn't all that great. So my roommate was going to buy him a phone 'outright' and just replace his old, worthless one. The three of us venture to a new store near our house so my brother can pick one out.

We get to the store and our 'sales rep' was immediately an idiot. Look, I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, and I did at first... but I could only take it for so long. Especially when I am with my non-confrontational grandmother and my brother who doesn't exactly know what is going on, other than the fact he is getting a new phone.

So we tell this guy my brother needs a new phone and we do not want to upgrade. Well he instantly does not like that statement and goes off on a rampage on all the reasons why we should upgrade because it will be cheaper, yadda yadda yadda. My brother explains to him that we are on our parents plan, they live in a place where reception isn't the best and we are not going to upgrade.

This moron tries to continue to convince us otherwise for another 10 minutes then finally gives up. We also inform him that we do not want a smart phone because we do not have the data plan and are not going to get it. Well then he goes off saying that there is only one phone in the whole store Nelson can get that does not require a data plan... one phone, really? The he says, and I quote, "Well lemme go double check because I don't want to be wrong or nothin'". Yeah you go double check. It is your job....

Then he verifies that the one phone is the only one. Just then he asks the lady sales rep who has another costumer and she informs us that five phones do not require data plans.... fail number 1.

He doesn't even apologize or say he got confused, or anything. He just says that's why he double checked. Well your double checking was wrong psycho!

The Nelson picks out the phone he wants, LG Rumor Touch, and we being the process of transfer. But as soon as we sat down the gays asks us, "Do you guys buy your meat your meat locally?" I was like "....yeah?" Then he proceeds to hand out a business card because he owns his own meat market. Awesome. Glad I have a hook up now?

Everything is printed off just time to pay and he says that the total is like $30. Now I already know what he did. He upgraded Nelson's phone even though we told him over five times that we were not upgrading. So I quickly say "How can it be $30? We said we did not want to upgrade and knew the price was going to be over $200..." Moron man doesn't even apologize or said he made a mistake just says "Oh, yeah. I guess I just had upgrade on my mind."

Long story short... yeah its longer.... Nelson finally got his phone without an upgrade but he had to activate it himself since we were on our way to see a movie. I was livid.

The movie, like our sales rep, was also stupid but it was Nelson's birthday so I bit the bullet and stayed for the whole thing. It was Your Highness and it was worse than Hall Pass. Only $3.25 though at the cheap theater.... ballin.

Boom. Sprinted. ...posted.

2 comments:

  1. I had a sales rep like that too last time I went in for a new phone. Lame people. Anyway, sweet blog, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, what is wrong with these people? and thanks!

    ReplyDelete