5.23.2011

New Horizons.

Remember when I gave blood to save all of your lives a couple weeks ago? Well I ended up winning the drawing that they entered all the donators into... totally unbeknownst to me that there even was a drawing. I won a basket full of American Red Cross SWAG, chips and salsa from Trader Joes, Salt Water Taffy, and a bunch of completely useless flyers from various useless hot spots around town... i.e. Heating and Cooling of Arizona... Thanks?

But it was pretty cool to be woken up to the roommate coming into my room to wake me up with a basket of unknown goodies. (Obviously once they were known it was a little less cool.) Started off the week on the right foot.

Also something awesome that happened on the same day was that I had an interview with the president of a local company. I met him at a tournament at the club where he gave me his card. I was nervous to call or email him because I wasn't sure if he would remember me but he immediately emailed me back and was anxious to set up an appointment. Long story short... I got the job! Its in insurance but agents can make really good money and everyone has to start somewhere. It was a double bonus, too, because I didn't even need to apply or go on a job search. Awesome.

I am finally done with my dreaded classes of this semester. I was praying for B's in them and I got all A's! My near perfect GPA is blemished my the one B I received in that stupid community college class! Oh well. What can you do?

My next couple of classes (literally two) begin on June 6th. The first one only goes until July 6th and then the other one is finished July 29th... my last day of grad school, hollla! I had to apply to graduate and setup a meeting with my counselor the other day. She was so impressed that I was truly pushing through the program full up and said I am the only one she has had to finish as quickly as I will :) Its been a rough road, but will be totally worth it... I mean, what insurance agent doesn't have a masters in human relations?

I am currently watching a Lady Gaga marathon... Boom. Little Monstered. posted

No comments:

Post a Comment