3.29.2011

Trespassing... Not for the Weary.

My parents are home for the next week and a half on like their some sort of spring break which is basically just them coming to fix all the things the roommate and I have ruined since their departure.

Nonstop chores, errands, yard work, and waking up at 8am.

Nelson was home for the weekend so the pool got all fixed, my tires are now rotated and the pond is completely cleaned out... every nook and cranny. We even caught the fish before we began the cleansing process and that has never been done before. Although it is definitely much easier considering it went from somewhere around fifty to now three... ou know, the bobcats and what not.
This is what the pond usually looks like, all the green has been eliminated and it is the perfect ecosystem for out three veteran fish.... and the new dozen we just got from Petsmart. Because if history has showed us anything... its that this pond can definitely house (and keep alive) a multitude of fish. False, but my dad will not accept it. 

The yard guys came and worked a little bit today but mostly all tomorrow so I am sure I will get some good material out of that excursion to the backyard.

Switching to something more hilarious... My dad and I were going to get in the hot tub this afternoon since we had been running around all day at Lowes, Home Depot and the like. So I am about to get in when I notice a car drive behind our house on the road that is not maintained by the city and isn't even a through road. Two teenage boys get out of the car and I quickly realize they are planning on getting into our gated community to long board down to the pool, hop the fence, and go swimming. I know this because I saw some kids park back there before and go up to sit on the golf course one night. 

Now I don't like this because 1) its right behind our house and I can see them. 2) I don't want anyone just waltzing into out community. and 3) because I can see this kid changing into his swim suit... in broad daylight. Well of course my dad is ticked so he walks out the front of our house (so the kids don't know where he is coing from) and is going to go talk to them as soon as they enter the community. I wait for him to get back and meanwhile I notice the guys getting back into the car and speed off. Now I know something was said. 

Dad causally walks back to the backyard where I am anxiously awaiting to hear what just went down and am also secretly praying the "Holiday Inn Express" line was not used in the quarrel. Apparently dad sat out of sight and completely motionless and unnoticed to the boys until they crossed into our development. As soon as that happend, dad quickly went over and told them that they were trespassing and they had five minutes to get them and the car out of there before he was going to call to have the car towed. Then he looks at the other kid who has his chin in his hands resting on his long board and asks him "You planning on going swimming?" to which the kid mumbles in reply, "Not anymore". And they leave. Hoodlums. 

Alls I know is come the next Home Owners Association meeting I am going to have a few words to say about keeping the street kids outta the neighborhood. Boom. Posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment