Classic isn't it?
I am finally on spring break... a chance to breathe and not have to worry about a multitude of online assignments all due at once. I have been going to the pool with Megan while she has been here (she leaves tomorrow morning ): and we went again today but with Nelson and Blake's little bro, Ryan. Last year I bought a 6-foot inflatable turtle for the pool (only $10... practically a steal) and we brought that to the pool today thinking it was not going to be very crowded... we were wrong. I didn't know any children existed within a 3 mile radius of this community but I think every child that slipped through the radar was at the pool today. Splashing around, running, diving, screaming, drowning... it was a mad house. I didn't really mind except I couldn't float on my turtle due to the tidal waves erupting from the surrounding children.
At one point, a couple of boys (around 7-9 years old) were harassing their very old father to throw them up into the air so they could splash into the water but him being so freaking old suggested that they should play a game instead. Wel you know the game categories where one person has their back to one side of the pool and picks a category such as colors. The players pick a color and stand on the edge of the pool while the person says colors aloud with their eyes closed. When the player's color is said, they try and slip into the water and get to the other side without the water person noticing. So you have to make as little noise as possible.
Well these boys were half way across the pool, changing their colors and what not. Apparently the older boy picked turquoise so when his father called it, the younger one looked at him in anticipation. When the boy did not respond the younger one starting yelling "That's your color! That's your color!" to which the older one responded with "not any more!"
I called them out and told them I thought they were playing it wrong (to which Ryan agreed) but the kid told me "No, you don't know". Okay, you're right... I'll just go back to floating on my awesome, gigantic turtle.
Yeah, kid was jealous. Boom. Posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment