You ever been to New Orleans? That town is seriously nuts. I am super paranoid when I visit big cities, I do not like them and all the people and I think I become a little agoraphobic. I think it is mainly because all the sketchy people moseying around, asking for change, and flashing you on every corner. And the intense madness to get wherever you are going as fast as you can. And the dirt, gosh the dirt. Everything is riddled with dirt and germs.
New Orleans has all those things... times infinity. On every corner. And you know what New Orleans has extra of? Voodoo. Extra helpings of Voodoo, as if I'm not freaked out enough as it is. The only positive thing I got from the one time my family visited New Orleans was a beignet from Cafe du Monde. Like a little warm, powered sugar donut deliciousness. So will I ever attend the festivities of Mardi Gras you ask? Only if I were kidnapped and held there hostage... and even then I might try every means necessary to escape. Here is one thing funny that derives from New Orleans in the recent Disney princess movie:
The firefly is the best part. I just spent a half an hour trying to find a clip of just that one part of him trying to turn on his light but this was the best I got. Hope you liked it.
Back to Ash Wednesday... I was inspired by my friend Cassie to give up pressing snooze on my alarm for lent. Now I am not Catholic but I like the challenge and last year I gave up facebook except for an hour on Sundays and it went really well. Cassie gave up meat and has actually stuck with it a become vegetarian... I could never give up meat. It is one of the things I survive on. Without it my diet would consist of even more carbs and I am sure my body does not need any more of those. I was going to give up vegetables like I have for the last 22 lents but I decided to skip it and just keep that one a permanent thing.
No snoozing will be a hard battle because I have little to wake up for... Nah I can just get everything done at night so why wake up early? But I have become incredibly lazy and with Daylight Savings happening Oregon and Arizona will be on the same time zone so that won't be an issue anymore. I am ready to take on this challenge! Maybe I will go hang out at the gym some more and find some new material...
Megan and I are planning on going to the zoo tomorrow. I am excited since I have only been there once and I love zoos, aquariums, sea worlds, everything with animals. But mostly sea worlds because they have rides and mostly aquariums because I am not allergic to fish like I am almost every other animal.
I went to have my allergies tested and the first time was back in 2000 where I was allergic to about 75% of the options and then when I was retested in 2008... I was allergic to 100% of the options: molds, cats, dogs, horses (deathly allergic to horses), cockaroachs (yeah, that's right), kentucky bluegrass, black walnut trees... its pathetic and I should be bound to a bubble. I used to have a picture of the outbreaks on my arms after the test but I lost it.
Here, however, it a picture of Coco when I give her a bath much like the one I gave her today:
Pitiful... Boom. Posted.


No comments:
Post a Comment