My uncle was in town again today and the roommate and I brought him back to the house to hangout. Wondering what we should do I remembered the Kinect and knew he would just love the sports game so then began the next couple hours of watching my uncle exert as little effort as possible in order to accomplish the goals set before him. (Sorry man, its true :)
One game you must be a goalie and block the soccer ball beig kicked in your direction from entering the net (funny how I felt I needed to explain how a soccer goalie works). I go first and am constantly moving in order to ensure that the ball will NOT enter the goal. I mean I am moving from one side of the screen to the other as fast as I can. My uncle gets up and stands like a brick wall barely moving his limbs to block the incoming ball. Left arm, right arm, left arm, right leg, slight lean to left with left arm extended... then he is confused when his score is significantly lower than mine. I had to explain to him that this wasn't the Wii and the infrared sensor can tell when you aren't playing to your full potential he told me the sensor was just having a hard time sensing all of him :)
After that we watched some Brian Regan (a comedian). The Epitome of Hyperbole, it is truly hilarious! Here is a clip from another standup of his that will have you rolling on the floor... its got to:
"Happy 8 day!"
My parents are coming into town soon so I am very anxious for there arrival and excited to see them. I am wondering how many things they will change when they get to the house and see how the roommate and I like to do things around here... I suspect they won't approve. Their extremely type A personalities are more than likely not going to gel well with our laid back, who gives a crap, approach. Should be interesting. And my mom reads this so now I am sure she is nervous... muahahahaha.
Blake is in Vegas at the moment for spring break and I am extremely jealous even though I very much dislike crowded places, weird people, and not getting enough sleep. Although I do enjoy dancing, winning money, and staying up all hours of the night, so its kind of a love-hate relationship that Vegas and I have. Black jack is my game of choice and I have won over $300 before, so that was pretty awesome. I was in Vegas for Halloween two years ago and was dressed as a pirate. It was really late (or early) and I was at a table next to a very animated and slighty inebriated older man who had a plethora of $25 chip stacks in front of him. Every time the card was about to flip he would yell out "MONKEY MONKEY"....the guys was nuts. Apparently after I had joined the table, he was making a lot of money and when I was out of the $5 I was willing to spend, he threw me a $25 chip because I was his good luck charm and he wanted me to keep playing. He kept calling me 'pirate lady' and I ended up winning $75 more dollars off his chip. He moved to another table while our cards were being exchanged and when I decided I was done I went to give him the $100 I have gained to which he told me I could keep it for being such good luck... HOLLLLA!
Vegas sucks but is equally awesome. I have succumbed to the hunger and am preparing to endure the trek to the kitchen... boom. posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment