2.21.2011

Gentlemen Only, Ladies Forbidden.

Did you know that's what golf stands for? Gentlemen Only, Ladies Forbidden... what is that crap? I am surprised the feminist womyn society of today still haven't fixed that little glitch.


Well regardless, I hate golf. H A T E golf. Yes I work at a golf course, yes my amazing boyfriend also works at a golf course and loves to play golf, yes his whole family plays golf, yes my father loves golf, well... I despise it. I even kinda grew up around golf. My roommate's late husband, my Grandpa Don, was an awesome golfer, and they even lived on a golf course. We would go out before dusk and look for golf balls...and that was fun and all but I just don't like the sport of golf.


I like to drive the golf cart... does that count for anything?


Almost every time I am at work I get asked if I am on the University golf team... bahahaha that's a good one. One old man even went as far as to say I looked just like a girl from a couple years ago and he even thought her name was Lauren. Listen up old man, I was never on the University's team nor will I ever be. The closest I come to a golfer is wearing this polo a couple times a week.


For the University's Family Weekend this year the football game was against Oregon State, my boyfriend Blake's school. So he and his his family came to visit his middle brother, Ryan, who is a sophomore here in town. So guess what his whole family wanted to do... golf...the WHOLE weekend. Of course I loved hanging out with them but this was all I could do:




And the sad thing is I really was trying to hit those mushrooms... I was wanting them to explode but I couldn't even hit one. Also I would run around on the green while they were trying to putt yelling "Rick Rick Rick Rick RICKKKK!" Which comes from this Saturday Night Live gem:


http://www.hulu.com/watch/19279/saturday-night-live-kaitlin-at-the-mall


(Unfortunately since it is from Hulu.com you have to click the link, but man is it worth it.)


Today I was running a bunch of errands because I am trying do some crafts that I have been drooling over lately. But the problem today was that while I was inching around this incredibly overcrowded antique store, I began to feel nauseous. Now I have had this feeling before, I remember it from when we used to walk around the Natural History Museums in D.C. Looking at all those mannequin cave men and the lingering smell of formaldehyde really makes me want to vom. And at that antique store with all those creepy dolls and dirty china... I was feeling largely woozy. Then, after all that, I went to Walmart (like an idiot), witnessed all the freaks walking around then I stood in line behind a lady who literally smelled like a litter box fell on a rotting carcass... it was beyond rank. I almost died.


I hate golf and people who smell like butt.


I had a box of mints that said "please enjoy a mint since your breath smells like butt"... Boom. Posted.

1 comment:

  1. Spell check? and who won that football game again? youre awesome :)

    ReplyDelete