(this exactly how it is in Alabama)
It actually rained a little bit today on the east side of town and you know what that means... No not sustenance and moisture for the vegetation, or the calming of the dust around the city but...
Coco Storm Melt Down Alert.
If there is any sense of a change in the weather, my roommate's fearless dog, Coco, is to the... oh no wait, she is trying to scratch her way into the bath tub. This little dog literally goes ballistic when the wind picks up and it sprinkles just the tiniest amount. She starts to pant really hard and her eyes bug out in an impossible way. She runs around the house with her tail between her legs trying to escape the dreaded water droplets against our windows.
The worst is monsoon season because her whole body quivers in fear and she won't eat anything, afraid the water will soon take over our whole house and the thunder will murder us all one by one... honestly, I don't know what she thinks but it's got to be something to that effect, right? Why else would find the need to run to one of the things she is most terrified of in this world... my bedroom.
Here is a little clip of what she sounds like during a storm (without my prompting):
My roommate was filming, of course. I guess now you can see why Coco dreads my bedroom so much... opps.
Do you want to know what I have been working on all day... homework. And I would just leave it at that but in actuality as a graduate student of the Human Relations program I am enrolled in a class focused on the life and times of community colleges.
Oh yeah, that's right. It was an elective option so who wouldn't think "wow, this will be the easiest class I could ever take..." FALSE. One of the hardest, most pointless classes I have ever taken in my whole 15 years of education. The worst part is that it is condensed into 8 weeks so all the nonsense is even more dense and concentrated. I just wrote a discussion on the position that "Community colleges should follow the K-12 education system for their faculty and administration responsibilities". The position could not be more wrong but I have to find support for it anyways, awesome.
Oh and guess who just rounded the corner, eyes bulging... Boom. Posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment