2.19.2011

Old People Working Out.

I'm going to skip the rest of my family posts (Hahaha get it? Post-s) until a later date because right now I should be writing a paper but all I can think about is telling you (all seven of my followers) about the dress code at my community's gym.


Like I said, I live in a predominantly old person community. It has a golf course, all-you-can-eat fish fry on Friday nights at the clubhouse, water aerobics at the pool and a gym. When I say gym I mean one elliptical, one treadmill, one stair stepper, two sit down bikes (God forbid there be a standing bike), free weights, and a couple of weightlifting machine type things... you know what I mean. (The details are important!) Also there is a 'leave one, take one' library which, no joke, houses an entire collection of Nora Roberts romance novels... jackpot! Oh, and an Ab Lounge.


Okay so anyway I was there a couple of weeks ago just wanting to do the elliptical for a half an hour (which is a big deal for me) and I was obviously wearing full on gym attire. About 7 minutes into my workout a man walks in, about 110 years-old... actually maybe 70. He decided not go with the regular outfit  of sweats, t-shirt, and sneakers, he instead chose to wear full on pleated khaki pants, a leather belt, a long sleeve sweater, and those all white 'very supportive' shoes that are just perfect for hittin' the gym, if you know what I mean. This outfit would have been perfect if maybe it had actually been cold outside, but it was one of those freak instances in the middle of January where it was 70 degrees. Regardless, I mean come on... you do not even own a pair of sweat pants or a t-shirt? It looked like he was just getting a 'quick workout' in before he went to the community center to play Mahjong with his buddies from the book club.


This isn't the first time I have seen this either, another man was wearing a vest... A VEST! Working on his abs on the ab lounge, rocking a vest. Meanwhile, half the neighborhood is tanning by the outside pool because, you know, Melanoma isn't their main concern at this stage in their life or anything...


This is what I think the old people of my neighborhood should be doing instead of working out in their Sunday best:


Boom. Posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment