2.22.2011

Running Late.

Here's a joke (answer will be at the end): What's green and has wheels?


I wake up this morning to a text from my boss at the golf shop, "Do you know you are scheduled to come in today at 9am?" It was 9:20am by that point, "Oh NO!" whoops! I confused this week's schedule for next week's thinking I had to be in at 10. SO I run out of bed and get dressed in 15 minutes, drive a a whole minute down to the club (traffic was brutal in the neighborhood today) and run through the kitchen with sleep lines still on my face... Good morning.


I work until around 3, make some great tips and then come home to enjoy the beautiful day. I was all excited to get back to work on my projects and crafts but I sat down in the armchair all squenched up and feel asleep for an hour. I woke up, and this is not a joke, this is real life, I woke up because I was dreaming about Toy Story 3 and Barbie and Ken were all kissing and what not... I was like watching them from the shadows. I think I was one of those aliens from Pizza Planet, "You have been chosen." Ya well, I wish I hadn't been chosen to dream that! I got the jeeblies when I realized what I had witnessed... felt like a creep.


My dreams have been rather strange lately, period. The other night I tried to save a baby killer whale from the ocean because this other killer whale had gone rouge or something and was eating its own kind. I saved the baby but its mother was literally strangled by the rogue shamu... I couldn't shield the baby's eyes in enough time, it was horrible.


My roommate and I have a gardener who comes every once and a while to help us keep the yard intact and it is a father-son business. Well the guys are great, very friendly (they know we are helpless so they come by all the time just to make sure every thing is still okay an we haven't killed all the plants yet). They have a couple workers who are a little older than me and the first time they came were very chatty with me. The last time they were here, Blake was in town so they got the hint and kinda backed off, but they are still nice. Well my roommate was talking to the father today about when they should come next and he was asking about me and how school was, etc. Then my roommate sets up the date for them to come next which is when my parents will be in town. She said he can show her son-in-law what needs to be done and he replied "oh, is that that one young man, Blake?" to which my roommate replied "No that is my grand daughter's boyfriend." So he remembers and then laughs and says "Oh that's right, well some of my boys were asking about how your grand daughter was a while ago and if your house was scheduled anytime soon, they want an update on the relationship." Whatdaheck? The yard boys are asking about me... Maybe I should stop making milkshakes (I'll explain later mom).


Answer: Grass, I lied about the wheels.


BOOM. POSTED.

No comments:

Post a Comment