7.03.2011

Clowning Around.


First of all, as you may have noticed, I no longer have any ads on the right side of this blog because my activity has been compromised. If someone clicks on an ad from my blog then I get a certain amount of money. I couldn't have said that before because you are obviously not supposed to advertise that fact so people click your ads all the time and you gets lots of money. Apparently I had too many clicking with not enough time in between.... Oh well. Lost all of $67.34.

Okay, okay, okay. So the circus was in town this weekend and after seeing the movie Water for Elephants, I couldn't have been more excited. The only problem was I could not convince anyone to go with me. The worst part was I knew Blake would go in a heartbeat but unfortunately he is hundreds of miles away.

The roommate was even starting to take pity on me and was about to accompany me but luckily I had done enough coercing that Brizzle wanted to come! Yes, we were in business... the circus business that is.

Before we went, we stopped off at this terrific burger place


Just disregard that guy... whoever he is. I had the Velvet Hammer which included bacon and a fried egg... delicioso. The only problem we had was we were located right next to the door and at like an 8 person table. So people kept wanting to sit at the other side and were squishing poor Briz up against the table. This this one Larry (that's what I'm going to start calling problematic people who have sense of the common variety) just stares at her, apparently using mental telepathy to have her scoot in for the 5th time... He literally just stood there, we didn't know what he was doing until he said, "I want to sit down over there" or something equally as rude. What a Larry.

Now its Circus Time! 

We get there about an hour and a half early because we didn't know what the ticket situation was.... turns out it was only $18. Totally awesome. And since it was a 3 ring circus, you wanted sit on the side so you could see them all and we had good seats. 

So we get lost for a little while around the convention center and wait line for a little while too. Of course while we are waiting all of these animal activists were holding up signs of all the 'circus abuse'. Why would you show these signs to the people who already bought their tickets and are waiting in line to go in? I doubt would drive all the way to the circus, pay for the whole family, wait in line, and then see that sign and decide "Oh, well if that's what is going on... we better leave." 

 We finally get in and they have this new thing now, the pre-show, where people can walk around on the floor, meet the clowns, try on costumes, walk a mini tight rope, and even watch an elephant paint a picture. It was thee best. When Briz and I walked into the ring, this one clown dropped his little kite thing and had his jaw hit the floor. It was too funny.

Oh, and these clowns talk. I didn't think they would but was definitely surprised.

I also got to do some barrel rolling with one of the clowns, I was a natural of course. When we were heading to our seats, the one clown followed us up there and we were talking to him for a while. He was 23 and had only been in for a couple months. His name was Dodger and he was great clown. Then for the rest of the show he would wave to us from the floor until we waved back. 

Also I got banana split Dip N Dots... the best thing in the whole world.

Briz and I had ended up moving seats to an empty section and this couple moved behind us. The woman was so animated with the performers. She was constantly saying "Oh my gosh, oooooh my gooooosh". The best part was that she had zero personality up until it started getting "Fully Charged". That was the name of the show.

Okay so now that I have a youtube account, I made my first video. My brother has already given me enough critics (obviously I still have a lot to learn) but I think it turned out okay. Other than the fact that I  wrote my blog title incorrectly at the end... whatever. 

Fullllly Charged.... cannot get that out of my head.

We asked our clown friend about the ringleader and he said he was kind of like stereotypical frat guy. He was dating one of the aerialist and apparently no one likes him. So then of course we didn't either. And we found out later, that Briz correctly identified the girlfriend.. she wins!

Now the later part. Toward the end of the show, one of the usher comes over to us and says a clown is beckoning us to the staircase. It was Dodger, so I ran down there real quick to see what he wanted. He invited Briz and I to hang out with him and one of the other clowns after the show and I thought to myself "Excellent blogging material.. I better go." 

Whoever gets to say they got ice cream with two ACTUAL clowns? So we met up with them after the show and started the informational session. All the two of us did was ask these guys questions about the circus. Here is the 411:
  1. They literally live on a train
  2. The animals are treated like kings
  3. You get $360 a week, not including food
  4. You don't have to go to clown school, just try out
  5. One year contracts
  6. Train surfing is strictly prohibited
  7. and they usually separate the different acts and ethnicities on the train so if you walk through the "Russian Alley" you always have to take a shot of vodka. Always.
So we hung out for like a half an hour and then headed home but those clowns were crazy. The one we didn't know from the show, Rudy, he kept getting up and dancing around or miming or saying hello to everyone. Dodger told someone it was his birthday so at this place they cut a piece of hotdog and stick a candle in it. Well I guess this clown thought it would be funny to just eat the candle and the dog all at once... freaking nuts. 

All in all it was a fun filled night and the circus is freaking awesome. I never want to miss another one. 

Boom. Clowned....posted.

2 comments:

  1. ah hmmm i would have gone to the circus but nobody asked me!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google ads kicked my mom off too :( lame sauce i am sorry they did it to you. I have them for now but i am going to add Rivits they are even better and you get money just for people coming on your page and just get extra if they actually click on the add. just thought i would let ya know. :) I just love reading about all your fun adventures

    Whit
    A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
    tyandwhitneylrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete