7.01.2011

Dentist Woes.

Dirty pop... ne ne ne you can't stop (insert all the sound effects... you know you know them).

I was listening to Dirty Pop in the car on the way home from the gym today and I couldn't help but remember simpler times... when I had no idea what they were saying in that song but I knew it was the best song ever.

I ran a mile (nonstop) in10 minutes today. I know, I know.... incredibly slow. But for me... anything longer than 2 minutes is a milestone. Much less a whole mile. I am trying to get some endurance back. Close to when I could do a level 10 floor routine in a minute and a half just be mildly gasping for air... still gasping non the less.

Those were the good ole days, when gymnastics practice was nothing but a time where I would try my hardest to get out of the things I was supposed to do for conditioning. That was when I realized it was time to retire.

Joining me at the gym were two girls that were definitely under the age of 14 (which is the age limit for being there parent-less) and they were screwing around with all the equipment. I was rehearsing in my head what I would say to them if they got out of hand.. something along the lines of: "Hey girls, I hate to do this but.. how old are you?" Then they would probably say "12" and I would come back with "Well you need to be 14 to be in here unsupervised... SO GET THE HECK OUT!"

Something like that. But I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I had no problem being totally snide on my two flights back from Alaska because I had been up since 4am... but to these two adolescents (who probably thought I was so cool with my feathered hair and awesome new bike shorts...) I just smiled and hurried through my 'workout'.

On a different note, I went to the dentist the other day to have a tooth fixed because it was too far away from my last molar and had no 'contact' when flossing. The procedure required numbing my mouth...


It was impossible to get my mouth to look normal whilst saying 'purple'. And I thought the results were rather humorous. 

I have finally constructed a youtube channel so I can post my videos more easily. 

Boom. Posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment