I am now officially a Hoosier (Indiana-ian)! Got my Indiana driver's license in the mail and now I'm just waiting on my car plates. I had to take the Indiana state driver's test and I aced that thing no problem. Very much unlike when I was 16 and had to take my written test 3 times...
Almost two weeks down and nothing detrimental to report. Good news is that Blake and I still like each other just as much regular dating as we did long distance... phew! We even went out on an "let's kill time at the mall because we want P.F. Chang's" date. It was after a very much miserable and failed attempt to apartment hunt. Apparently going to look at a couple of random, poorly researched apartments on a Sunday is a bad idea... who knew? But what we did know was that P.F. Chang's 'dinner for two' menu was an awesome deal, as well as delicious.
But before we did that, let's rewind to my first week of work! My new job at the Exhibit House is great! Its a fun, creative, friendly and fast passed environment. I like it so far! Just trying to learn a whole new craft and trying to adjust to East coast time... that was a bummer... is a hard process.
It is still very strange to not have to text Blake all day or go home to Skype with him. Its pretty great but we still send each other 'second good morning' pictures. I have compiled them below for your enjoyment:
Don't worry about my hair... that's just the humidity. Which all of my friends will be happy to know that the humidity is forcing me to wash my hair daily so that fight is over, they win! Soon I will post about my year and a half long experiment in a 'no-poo' lifestyle. You won't even believe it!
Another great thing about the midwest (well... I guess really everywhere other than the southwest) are all the trees. So weird to see so much green but it is very beautiful.
Blake's apartment complex is more like a town home complex (they are technically referred to as Apartment homes... ahem!). But there are a lot of families with younger children and these kids give me the creeps. They're all walking around with their basketballs trying to get to the courts and all. I know what they are really doing... killing all the squirrels probably... there's only a MILLION squirrels around here. The pool just recently opened up and you would think that would be a nice thing but I know those kids are all going to be in there because its summer break, splashing around, making all sorts of ruckus!
I am used to nice, quiet, old people. I need to start looking for apartments in retirement communities I think!
Boom. Posted.
Pshh what's this "oh great" about living in the south?! There will be a GREAT person living down there soon...
ReplyDelete