I know its only been about 3 months since my last update but let me fill my (hopefully still) faithful readers in on a few milestones that have been and are to be happening:
I go to Indy for Superbowl>> Blake comes to Tucson for visit>>I go back to Indy for interview>>Get random interview while out there for awesome company>>Get call two weeks later>>I'm moving to Indy May 11th.
Boom. Updated!
No more questions right? Okay, okay fine. I'll give you all the details:
After Blake came to visit the end of March, we realized that the job search had moved into full swing. I was getting calls for phone interviews and I needed to fly out again to seal some deals. Over Easter weekend I went to interview with a really great beer and wine distributor for a wine sales job. Would have been great but it is a lot of work for little pay in the beginning. The recruiter was very helpful and knew that I was only going to be in town for a few days so she pulled some strings and after my initial interview Thursday afternoon, she called for another one Friday morning. They were all going great so Blake and his coworker decided to take me out to lunch at a Mexican restaurant for happy hour to celebrate. Two margaritas later and we are driving home when I get a phone call... for another interview... in 20 minutes. Inner monologue: "Pull yourself together Lauren, you can do this. You are not Leslie Knope, you will triumph. Yes it is ironic that they are in the alcohol business... maybe this will be a sure thing... no... get it together!"
For those of you who are not an avid Parks & Recreation fan, please enjoy:
All the interviews went great but it was Friday night that changed everything. Blake's coworker was having something delivered to his apartment by one of the companies they use for their props at conventions and got to talking about me visiting Blake. He mentioned I was looking for a job when the guy suggested Blake call them because their company had a position available. Blake gives them a call right away and we set up an informal interview for Saturday morning. That interview went great and I ended up changing my flight to stay an extra day for my 5th interview with the wine place (shadow day) and my 2nd at the Exhibit House. Meet a lot of the employees, everything goes great, wait very patiently for two weeks for a response (not even close to patiently), and BOOM. I am employed.
Now this company is awesome. They build booths, displays, exhibits, props, signs, posters, and anything else you can imagine all from this warehouse that is included in the office. They have a large graphic design team and are used all over the world. Here is an example of their work:
Pretty cool huh? So my first day of work in on Monday which means I have a mucho things to accomplish before then. Not to mention my parents are in town, Blake flies in tomorrow, and we are all leaving on Friday. Hectic.
Also we are in the process of choosing a new car for me to buy once I get out there. The 2012 Toyota Corolla S is taking the lead right now. I love the way it drives and the interior and I was very disappointed with the new Honda Civic. So Corolla it is!
Lots of new and exciting adventures ahead and I promise to maintain the blog in order to keep you updated!
Also check this out (click the picture), read the whole thing and you will be glad you did! Beyond Hilarious:
Boom. I'M MOVING TO INDIANA...Posted

No comments:
Post a Comment