I know, I know, I am so ashamed. If you remember from my previous post Gentlemen Only, Ladies Forbidden, I hated golf with every fiber of my being but I have now discovered a different perspective. Since my father was in town recently, he was wanting to use the golf course since he used to be a member and I decided I woud go to the range with him because he likes quality time stuff like that. And it just so happens that our neighbors had given him some old ladies clubs a while ago so I was going to try them out. But before we could do that, we had to find the perfect bag and an Arizona one worked out just nicely. Then I got a glove and my mom's 1 size too big pink and white shoes, and then I was ready to go out to the range.
Of course, everything I thought about golf was very much influenced by Happy Gilmore, the movie.
So I think it's safe to say, I didn't have a clue as to what to do. So the pro, Brian was out there helping some people with their swings and strides on over to 'help' me out. Little did he realize that I was helpless and we eventually decide that he is going to give me some lessons.
Well, I have had 3 lessons and every now and then I get a 'Yahtzee!' (which is a less terrible than all the others, swing) But if I miss the ball completely because I am not focusing (weird), Brian makes me run up the hill to tag the tree... I had to run twice last time.
When Blake was here, we went out on Friday and he taught me how to use the driver. I went to practice a little bit today and didn't do too bad. I was listening to the new Avril Lavigne CD which was helping my focus. Also it's really good.
Lesson learned: Don't hate something that your dad, boy friend, his brothers, parents, and grandparents all love because then you will eventually have to love it... I am on my way.
Boom. Golfed... posted.
You finally see the light!. Hit em' straight.
ReplyDeleteMr. Smoker