10.23.2011

Playing Grown Up.

I feel like a grown up these days...

I am finally at a point in my life where I can sleep with the closet door completely open and not stare at it for hours waiting for eyes to appear. I consider that quite an accomplishment considering how terrified I am of just life in general.

I have been establishing a professional wardrobe. I only very rarely leave my house looking like a slob. Just rarely.

I am not completely grown up though because if I can iron out a few wrinkles with my hair straightener than I still do. I feel as though I will never become a full adult until I can iron solely with an... iron.

I also have a credit card now. My first one. With.... a $500 a month spending limit, woo! I'm trying to build up some credit, you know, for the future, when I no longer live with my awesome roommate and have to pay bills... in five years.

I am becoming more and more involved at work (not completely, hence the time to write this post). I am close to obtaining a license to... sell, so that is pretty grown up, eh? And I am wearing professional clothes on a daily basis, boom... fashionista.

I recently discovered (well was informed by a friend who washed my car down at the clubhouse) that I had a nail in my front tire. Instead of freaking out completely, I figured out where to take it only to find that Discount Tires will patch and plug your tire... fo free! Also do a courtesy rotation, even if you didn't buy your tires from them. Life savers. While they were fixing everything up, I walked to a pizza place next door I had been wanting to try and ate lunch... by myself! I never like to do things by myself. And the pizza was delicious.

I have friends who are getting engaged and married and planing pregnancies.

I am starting to learn my way a little better around the city. Not completely though because I almost ended up in Mexcio when I was trying to go to my nail lady (whom I have been too over a dozen times). And I still have to turn the radio off the minute I realize I am lost. Concentration time. I need a GPS.

I am at job that is prominent in the community and am trusted to go to charity events with the university. Although, I did challenge one of the basketball players to a pull-up contest. I got to 6.... he got to like 36.

But I still can't eat vegetables.

Boom. Posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment