Happy New Year!
It is 2012 and I am ready for new adventures. Like I mentioned in my post Transitions, I am ready to become a newer and improved version of myself in the form of maturity. My dad will be so proud.After the lastest events of 2011, I am on a mission to become healthier and take care of my body. Don't get crazy though, vegetables are still the enemy, but I will compensate with multi-vitamins and eating lots of fruit. I have also made the tough decision of limiting my carbohydrate intake. It will be hard, but it will be worth it... I just have to tell that to my thrice a week mac and cheese intake. Oy.
Aside from the excitement of my new nutritional values, I am extremely excited for my upcoming trip to Indianapolis to see Blake. We finally picked a time and then realized it was also during Superbowl Weekend.... in Indianpolis. Woot! I can't wait to go tailgating near the Colts stadium, should be a great time. Not to mention I finally get to spend time with Blake, it will only have been 4 months since our last visit. I am not truly counting the hour we spent during his layover in the Phoenix airport. I mean anytime spent with my wonderful boyfriend is the best time in the world but just the one hour is hard.In other, and less depressing, news: the secretary at my work is on bed rest until she gives birth to a little boy in the next few weeks. This is good news and bad news because she will be having a little baby soon but also because now I have to run the front desk.
I know, it sounds like running the front desk at an insurance agency wouldn't be so bad, and it really isn't, but then you have to consider the mundane tasks of answering the phones and watch it turn into amateur hour brought about by all of Arizona.
I had a lady call this morning asking for an agent who is involved with the personal policies, like homeowners and personal auto insurance. The lady said she had called the agent but it kept going to voicemail. Then I asked, as I always do, if she left a voicemail because then the agent would return it as soon as she could. I then mentioned that she was on the other line because I could see her light blinking on my switchboard thingy. Then the lady says, and I quote, "Oh I don't leave voicemails." And the old Lauren would have "Oh well then don't expect to get in touch with the agent then." But I bit my tongue and said she could leave a message or call back but my hands were tied. Give. Me. A. Break. LEAVE A MESSAGE.
Once when I was covering the front desk, this guy called trying to explain to me that he had been in an accident.. in SPANISH. I know pretty much zero Spanish. I took French for 6 years and it has obviously been helpful living in the town I am now... not. All I could say was "No habla Espanol and uno momento" and then tried to transfer him to a lady who I thought spoke Spanish in our agency.... she doesn't. I made a horrible stereotypical error. Lo siento por favor. The guy was on his own.
Then I constantly get the "I cannot get a hold of so-and-so, is there anyone else I can talk to?" I give me to three other people because they keep calling back and then I ask if they left a message... LEAVE A FREAKING MESSAGE. They will never learn.
Boom Posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment